Search This Blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Salt Dough

This recipe has been taped inside my kitchen cabinet for years - that's how often I refer to it.  It's great for school projects!  Can be baked to make Christmas ornaments, too.

Ingredients
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 1/2 c. hot water
2 tsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Directions
Mix it all up till smooth.  Form into any shape you want, maybe using foil as a frame.  Bake at 200 degrees until done.  Cover it with foil if it starts to brown.

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a really good recipe! I have one question, though: do you think the dough will still harden (even if only after a few days) if I don't bake it in the oven? I don't have an oven at the moment, so I'm a bit stuck :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you put on them to make them shiny?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try spaying them with an acrylic gloss sealer.

      Delete
  3. Where did you find an ornament like that? I love it to make a family one. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete